LIBYA: An Appeal to US Congress and Senate for Humanitarian and Military Aid to Save Misrata, Zentan, and Zawiya.This petition is addressed to Parliament of Canada
Eligible Signatories: Canadian Citizes ,Residents and North Americans
Right Honorable Prime Minister and Members of Both Houses of Parliament:
On the behalf of the Libyan North America Community, we express our deep appreciation for your concern about the recent horrific events in Libya. The Libyan nation is forever indebted to you, to President Obama, Sec of State Hilary Clinton, USA administration, our USA men & women in Arms, the International Coalition, NATO, France, Great Britain, and The Arab League for their magnificent stand in support of the Libyan nation in its quest for freedom and democracy.
The tyrant Gaddafi has turned life into a living hell for Libyan young women, children, and unarmed civilians. For the last forty one years, he has amassed a humongous amount of armaments. He has used his colossal cash of armaments to subdue and terrorize his own people and his neighbors. Gaddafi has committed heinous acts such the Lockerbie bombing, UTA flight bombing, Sera lion atrocities, Chad invasion, German Discotheque bombing, IRA training and arming, and several other international terrorist acts.
Currently, the cities of Misrata, Zentan, and Zawia, and several others, are under Gaddafi’s heavy artillery bombard¬ment in clear violation of UNSC resolution 1973. Hundreds of unarmed civilians have been murdered or maimed. Misrata, particularly has been subjected to heavy snipping by Gaddafi’s snipers who shoot to kill whatever is moving.
Gaddafi is bent on crushing and humiliating his Libyan opponents, real and imaginary. He has ordered his armies to kill pro-democracy young men and rape young women. Gaddafi’s regime has kidnapped no less than 10,000 young Libyan men whose fate is still unknown. We have seen with horror and sadness the brave young Libyan women Eman Al-Obedi who burst into the hotel where the international correspondents were confined, and exposed the despicable sickening acts sexual assaults committed against young Libyan women by Gaddafi’s Gestapo.
We call upon you and your colleagues at the US Congress and the Senate to support the following actions:
1) Rather than make vague and ambiguous accusations of Al-Qaida penetration, please ask the western Intelligence community to provide the LTNC, the Libyan Transitional National Council, a list of objectionable people among its ranks to enable the council deal with the problem in an effective manner.
2) Save the Libyan young women Eman Al-Obedi and other women victims of rape.
3) Provide humanitarian aid to civilians in Misrata, Zentan, Zawiya. Medication and halal food are needed on an urgent basis. Floating hospitals can be used effectively in Misrata and the other coastal cities.
4) Help get the UN to setup safe-haven zones for Libyan citizens.
5) Arm and train the Pro-Democracy fighters to transform them into an effective fighting force against Gaddafi’s Gestapo, and give them the badly needed assistance until they are fully armed and trained.
6) Jam and Shutdown Gaddafi’s TV and radio propaganda machines. Those propaganda tools are being used effectively by Gaddafi’s regime to convey messages to his secret agents in the freed cities, and to spread fear and misinformation among the population. Shutting those propaganda machines will greatly limit Gaddafi ability to recruit mercenaries; will induce his army officers and those close to him to desert him, and limit his ability to terrorize the Libyan people.
7) Extend the reach of the Pro-democracy TV stations and radio to better inform the Libyan people and counter Gaddafi’s propaganda.
8) Recognize the Provisional Libyan National Council as the legitimate and sole representative of the Libyan people.
9) Unfreeze Libyan assets worldwide to make them available to the Provisional Libya National Council.
We thank you for your support and for your concern, and urge you to take the above actions to eliminate Gaddafi’s terror inside and outside Libya.
The LIBYA: An Appeal to US Congress and Senate for Humanitarian and Military Aid to Save Misrata, Zentan, and Zawiya. petition was created at 2011-04-18 19:07:23 is elligible to be signed by those that are a part of the following group: Canadian Citizes ,Residents and North Americans.